Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Experience # 70052


From : Customerexperience@JambaJuice.com
To : daasolomon@hotmail.com

Subject : Jamba Juice - Experience # 70052


Hello David,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us. I am so sorry to learn that we discontinued your favorite bread!

There was a ton of work (consumer research, testing, tasting, etc.) that went in to this change in breads and we are hearing some great feedback. However, we are also hearing from those customers that prefer the other breads. At the end of the day, it will be the customer that decides what stays! I will be sure to share your voice with the appropriate folks for review.

Thanks again for your comments and we sincerely hope you will continue to visit us.

Sincerely,
Jennifer Hofeling
Customer Service
Jamba Juice Company

"We aspire to deliver the perfect Jamba Experience to each and every Customer, each and every time!"

MY RESPONSE:


A photo of me (now also known as: Experience # 70052) and David Blaine in London.

David Blaine is the one suspended in a glass box over the Thames...starving himself for 44 days.

I am the one in the foreground making an expression that seems to say, "I can't believe there will never be another Grin N' Carrot."

The couple to my right are Communists.

At the time of this photo (fall 2003), I didn't even know that Jamba Juice existed. Wait...did it?

According to my favorite website (www.jambajuice.com), Jamba Juice founded its first store in San Luis Obispo, California in 1990.

So, it did exist. I was just not aware.

But the point is...the POINT is...at the time of this photo I was really thinking "I don't like David Blaine. I think his starvation "stunt" is insulting and the only thing he really hungers for is media attention."

In fact, right when that photo was taken I was thinking...

"I am making an angry face. Grrrr."

From CNN.com (October 20, 2003):

>>The stunt has captivated Londoners, with huge crowds gathering every day at Tower Bridge. Some threw eggs and golf balls at Blaine, others held barbecues underneath his box and one man was fined after trying to sabotage his water supply. Others bared their breasts and buttocks at him while some banged drums to keep him awake at night. <<

When I was there, some guy was chanting something or other...and some other person ran up and punched him in the face. A fight broke out. The bobbies intervened. David Blaine looked down in horror then curled up in a corner and cried.

An interview from his little glass shelter:

Q. Are you bored?

A. I believe that boredom is a choice that we have.

Q. So are you choosing to be bored?

A. No, I am choosing to learn.

Q. Explain that again, why aren't you bored?

A. Boredom is a state of mind. We have a choice. I choose to not be bored. I chose to observe and listen.

Q. And you have lost a bit of weight as well?

A. I expect probably about 35 pounds.

When he was released from his great glass elevator, Mr. Blaine came out crying -- he spoke the following:

"This has been one of the most important experiences of my life," he said.

"I have learned more in that little box than I have learned in years. I have learned how important it is to have a sense of humor and laugh at everything because nothing makes any sense anyway. I have learned how strong we all are as human beings. But most importantly I have learned to appreciate the simple things in life -- a smile from a stranger or a loved one, the sunrise and the sunset, everything that God has given us, I love you all so much."

So, wait a minute...most Jamba Juice customers really do prefer the other breads!?!?

Grrrr.