Thursday, July 28, 2005

Lunch with Jesus


i'm sorry...i can't stop posting today, but this is important.

1. i am addicted to blogging. probably because this is all new to me and i have no friends.

2. i just got back from lunch and i saw the Ark of the Covenant. seriously. on the corner 40th and Broadway. i am sorry that i did not have a camera on me and my phone is not up to par with modern technological standards. but i found a re-creation online (see photo above)...and, trust me, it is pretty accurate.

and it was really quite breathtaking in person. it was just sitting there on a pedestal. and a choir of young women were gathered next to it singing beautiful songs to Jesus. Harrison Ford was nowhere to be seen. And just think of everything he went through. And there it was. Right next to the U.S. Postal truck.

a nice young woman handed me and my co-worker, John, a pamphlet about God's Love. I told her "We're Gay." She just handed us the pamplet, smiled and walked away.

inside the pamphlet were beautiful pictures of developing fetuses and a list of God's Ten Laws (from Exodus). I couldn't find the part about the plague of frogs. I guess that comes later.

Ah, lunch in midtown. Blimpies, the Ark of the Covenant and God's Love all in 3 blocks.

I love New York.