Tuesday, August 02, 2005

The Two Most Important Things In Life.



Here they are. The 2 most important things in life...and in no particular order.

1. Jurassic Park

2. Dairy Queen

Now, seriously...let's start with #1.

Jurassic Park may be the most exciting thing that ever happened in the world of the cinema. Now my dvd collection includes everything from The Bicycle Thief to Beauty and the Beast: The Enchanted Christmas...so, let's just say, I have a wide range of taste. And while I have a love of Spielberg, in general, those dinos just turn me into a little kid. I have all 3 on dvd. I have the little giftset with the bonus disc. I have a raptor claw that my roomate Andrea gave me for Christmas. When I was visiting my friend Paige in LA, I made her ride the Jurassic Park Ride two times in a row...and when we came down that 84-foot drop, Paige was screaming and I had tears running down my face. Not from the drop...the wind and water rushing into my corneas...but from the pure joy of being attacked by an angry T-Rex.

And I am embarrassed to admit...or rather, not embarrassed to admit...that I have not watched a Jurassic Park movie all summer. And what is summer without Jurassic Park!!??

I tell you...right now, at this very instant, I wish I were the girl in this picture:










So lucky.

Now...#2.

D.Q.

Here is what happens when you go to Dairy Queen.com and use the "Locate a Store" feature to search for the Dairy Queen closest to my "convenient" midtown Manhattan location:

Dairy Queen
6903 Kennedy Blvd.
North Bergen, NJ 07047
201-869-0910

now here are the 2 least important things in life:

1. New Jersey.

2. New Jersey.

I love the malls and all, but really!

((Actually, I did get kind of excited/scared when there was a Great White Shark attack off the Jersey shore and I tried to find a boat that would take me chumming...but i digress...)

Why are there no Dairy Queens in New York City!! I am going to call the number above and ask them this question. Please hold...

Ok. I'm back. Thanks for holding.

I got a very nice woman on the phone.

Woman: "Hello. Dairy Queen."

Me: "I have a very random question."

Woman: "Okay?"

Me: "Why aren't there any Dairy Queens in New York City."

She laughs.

Woman: "I don't know."

She continues to laugh.

I explained to her that people in New York want Dairy Queen and didn't she think it was weird that there weren't any in the city. SHE DID! She agreed. I told her to pass my inquiry on to the powers that be. I should have asked her her name and told her that we should open a Dairy Queen. A nice big one right in Union Square. That would give Jamba Juice a run for their money!! Someone is missing out on a major opportunity. If you are interested in opening a franchise, please visit Dairyqueen.com and I will fully support you with my blizzard purchases.

The last time I had a really good blizzard was in Canada. And that's no joke. I went all the way to Toronto just for some good ol' DQ. (okay...and to visit my cousin) But here we are...the highlight of our time together:









See. Dairy Queen made us so happy. And, for a fleeting moment, somewhat introspective:













So, please. Make the calls, visit the websites...let's find out how we can make this happen!

Summer will be over before we know it and New York City deserves a blizzard!

(and i think we all know...a McFlurry just doesn't cut it)