Tuesday, January 23, 2007

public apology

i would like to take a brief moment to apologize to my brother for not including his picture on my New Years blog.

he was incredibly distressed by the omission. so i have changed the picture of me and my parents to one of my entire immediate family (brother and sister included)...soaking wet on my rainy college graduation day.

i am also posting it here to cover all bases and give my brother the internet attention he deserves. (even though he was featured mulitple times in full close-up disfigurement on the "lynchian christmas" entry.)

whatever.



we all look terrible. and wet.

i would also like to take this moment to apologize to rupert holmes for not giving him appropriate photo credit for taking this picture that was included on my L.A./Disney trip entry:



rupert was also distressed by the omission.

i was planning to make up for this omission with an entry entitled "All About Rupert." but i never did.

i still might write one...

but in the meantime...

(above photo was taken by Rupert Holmes, 2006)

rupert is a true legend and renaissance man of stage, song, and novel. he wrote an incredible book called "Where The Truth Lies" which is a murder mystery in which the main character has an orgy with a woman who, by day, plays Alice at Disneyland.



rupert also wrote the Pina Colada song and The Mystery of Edwin Drood.

he is a brilliant brilliant man. and a kind man. who inspires me to no end. so i apologize for omitting his photo credit.

i would also like to take this opportunity to apologize to anyone in my life who feels they have been unduly recognized or noted in my blog.

i never intended to do the blog-journal thing. i feel like recently i've ventured away from editorial and included more personal stories, adventures and anecdotes. the truth is a dangerous thing. and now i'm paying the price.

maybe i should have stuck to jurassic otters and shark chumming in jersey...

or tacos.